Return to Events
IIJ and NRI Group Form Strategic Alliance in Corporate IT Solutions Market
Internet Initiative Japan Inc.
Nomura Research Institute, Ltd.
NRI SecureTechnologies, Ltd.
TOKYO-July 31, 2013-Internet Initiative Japan Inc. (IIJ), Nomura Research Institute, Ltd. (NRI) and NRI SecureTechnologies, Ltd. (NRI Secure) today announced that they have reached an agreement to form a strategic alliance in the corporate IT solutions market.
The objective of this alliance is to combine IIJ's expertise in network services and cloud service infrastructure and operations with NRI's expertise in consulting and in building IT solutions for specific industry needs. They will utilize the strengths of each company to jointly develop and manage IT solutions and to expand their business to new markets.
Firstly IIJ and NRI will commence collaboration in Network and Security fields, and will expand it to Cloud service and Big Data, as detailed below:
1. IIJ's network: Construction of a common platform for both IIJ's cloud service and NRI's platform solution
2. Information security sector: Joint development of high-value-added services, strengthening the delivery system
3. Expansion of the service menu through joint development of new solutions that join technologies and services from both companies
4. Streamlining procurement costs through cooperation and joint procurement
5. Cross-selling of services to existing clients and development of new clients through joint marketing
Background of the Alliance
IIJ has expanded its business on the strength of its high-quality infrastructure services, including network and cloud services. Recently, there has been a growing demand for more advanced solutions, such as industry-specific consulting in and construction of business systems, which is the reason IIJ was looking for a partner with strengths in those fields. Meanwhile, NRI became aware of the importance of quality in system infrastructure, like network and cloud services, as more and more businesses begin to use cloud services. Both companies realized the increased competitiveness that would be achieved through an alliance, and thus an agreement was reached.
IIJ and NRI already have a working relationship through various projects, such as the one in 2002 with an NRI subsidiary, NRI Secure Technologies, Limited, to create a security assessment service, and a partnership agreement in 2010 for the cloud service IIJ GIO Service. This latest alliance will take the relationship to new heights, with even greater cooperation on many fronts.
The first project will focus on the security sector. NRI Secure and IIJ will merge their individual security services to improve and maintain clients' security levels in their system environments. This initiative will start in August 2013. A description of the service follows:
- NRI Secure's consulting service and security assessment service will be added to the IIJ Security Audit Solution. Specifically, it was previously unique solution to the request of our customers, "Web Applications Assessment," "Platform Assessment," "Database Assessment" is added as a IIJ's standard service menu.
- In the field of security consulting, both teams of NRI Secure and IIJ will work close to provide higher-quality consulting services. Specifically, the companies provide comprehensive consulting services to support implementing measures required for elements of information security management, such as the development of guidelines and security policies, an audit and evaluation of information systems.
Both IIJ and NRI will contribute to this alliance in order to create a safe and secure Internet environment for their clients.
Nomura Research Institute, Ltd. ("NRI", TYO: 4307) is an independent, global IT solutions and consulting services provider with annual sales of 363.8 billion yen as of FY ended March 2013. With front-to-back support for the buy- and sell-side, NRI's tradition of innovation has positioned them as a trusted international market leader. Leveraging NRI's global consulting business, NRI is able to provide innovative financial IT solutions for investment banks, asset managers, banks and insurance providers. For more information visit http://www.nri.com
About NRI SecureTechnologies, Ltd.
NRI SecureTechnologies, a leading provider of information security solutions, is one of the group companies of Nomura Research Institute, Ltd. Established in 2000, it examines information security at business corporations from the aspects of technology and business management and offers a one-stop service from consulting to solution implementation, training, management and surveillance. More information about NRI Secure is available at http://www.nri-secure.co.jp/en/index.html